Thursday, January 21, 2010

antiphospholipid antibody syndrome

Well...that's a mouth full but that's my preliminary diagnosis. It's basically a autoimmune disorder that attacks my blood in a way that puts me at risk for blood clots. Treatment will probably be a blood thinner on a permanent basis which all things considered is not a big deal. I feel blessed to have had great health in the past and this little bump will be a small reminder of how lucky I am for my health....well enough about that crap!
On a happy note I was giving even more responsibility at Whole Foods this week by being made the BBQ smokehouse Lead as well as continuing serving as Sous Chef. I'm excited about this and really love my job at whole Foods and the cool thing is that it keeps getting better all the time.

2 comments:

  1. Thumbs up on the new opportunity at work. Sorry you have to take blood thinner but I'm glad that it is not too big of deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for another rung up the ladder of success. Cindy told me about the diagnosis. She couldn't remember the name, but google is pretty good at finding stuff. This is what I had determined you had. Want to hire me as your medical consultant? : )

    ReplyDelete

Followers